- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Leica
- Product Code: 25417
Here is a Leica DM 5500B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope
- Setup for Brightfield with Fluorescence studies.
- This microscope is optimized for biological studies.
- Enhancing components, such as Fluorescence Filter Cubes have been added (Other components are available)
- The total current magnification range of this microscope is 50 to 200x (Other objectives are available)
- This microscope is compatible with slides.(Options for petri dishes and microplates may be available)
- The fluorescence light source included is a Metal Halide with a lamp lifespan of 2,000 hours +
- The included camera software allows for live viewing and image/video capture with variable linear measurements such as line segment, radius values, and others
- The easy to use interface also allows for customization of color and resolutions settings
Please see the video and photos taken of this exact microscope down below
DM4 B & DM6 B
This Leica DM 5500B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope is in good working order with all of its aspects tested and fully functional
Microscope and optics have been professionally cleaned by our microscopy technical team.
This inspection is repeated prior to the microscope being packed for shipping to its new destination.
Testing we performed:
The Leica DM 5500B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope passed all tests and was found to be fully functional:
Tested halogen lamp and source fully: PASSED
Tested fluorescence lamp and source fully: PASSED
Tested transmission halogen light path: PASSED
Tested reflective fluorescence light path: PASSED
Tested objectives for clarity: PASSED
Tested port-splitter to split between camera and eyepieces: PASSED
Tested motorized condenser: PASSED
Tested motorized Z-axis: PASSED
Tested motorized fluorescence turret: PASSED
Tested mechanical objective turret: PASSED
Tested connection from camera to laptop: PASSED
Tested mechanical stage: PASSED
Tested live feed for clarity: PASSED
Tested all filter slides: PASSED
Tested all motorized components including: Fluorescence Filter Turret, Condenser, Z-axis, Light Source Intensity: PASSED
During testing this Leica DM 5500B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope was found to have no issues.
A clear image was produced through the eyepieces as well as through the camera port.
All of the mechanical components moved freely and the test sample was able to be focused without excessive effort.
System consists of:
Leica DM5500 B Upright Microscope
CTR5500 Control Box/Power Supply
(2) HC PLAN s 10x/25 M Eyepieces
Prisms / Condensers:
5-position Motorized Condenser 0.9 S1 Lens
Fluorescence Light Path:
Collimating Adapter w/ light guide
5-position Motorized Turret
A4 (UV): EX 360/40 DM 400 EM 470/40 (#F0770)
L5 (Blue): EX 480/40 DM 505 EM 527/40 (#F0773)
N3 (Green): EX 546/12 DM565 EM 600/40 (#F0771)
12V 100W Halogen Lamp w/ CTR6000 power supply
100W Metal Halide Light Source w/ light guide and collimating adapter
XY Mechanical w/ Slide holder
7-position Mechanical Turret
5x/0.15 HCX PL FLUOTAR (#O2610)
10x/0.30 HCX PL FLUOTAR (#O2611)
20x/0.50 HCX PL FLUOTAR (#O2612)
Photo / Port Splits:
10MP CMOS Camera
Computer and Software:
Computer running applicable software
Z-Axis, Fluorescence Filter Turret, Condenser, Light Source Intensity
Communication and power cables.
Configuration and Setup:
This Leica DM 5500B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope is currently set up for Brightfield transmitted with Fluorescence reflective studies.
The digital camera is capable of taking detailed digital color images.
The system includes a computer running the software for live feed and still images.
*This video shows the actual microscope in this listing.*
The video provides a walk around view of this microscope and its included components. A functionality demonstration has been performed to show proper operation of the microscope.
Any available additional options functionality has also been demonstrated.
The camera that will be included with this microscope may differ from the one shown in the demonstration.
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
*SM* Small Crate
OB Packed Weight - 300lb
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to [email protected] or call (617) 397-3486.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.