- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Leica
- Product Code: 29330
Here is a Leica DM5500 B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope DM5500B Pred DM4/DM6
Made in 2019
- This microscope can be used in biological studies.
- Filter cubes available - please inquire.
- The total current magnification range of this microscope is 100x and 200x (Other objectives available - please inquire)
- This microscope is compatible with slides and petri dishes. (Options for microplates may be available)
- This microscope includes a Z motorized focus plus additional motorized components.
- The fluorescence light source included is a Metal Halide with a lamp lifespan of 2,000 hours +
- The MicroManager software enables control of motorized components and allows for slide scanning with Z stacking (with motorized Z focus) and time lapse imaging (with compatible camera).
- The included camera software allows for live viewing and image/video capture with variable linear measurements such as line segment, radius values, and others.
- The easy to use interface also allows for customization of color and resolutions settings.
Current models are DM4 B and DM6 B
This Leica DM5500 B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope is in good working order with all aspects tested and working fully.
Microscope and optics have been professionally cleaned by our microscopy technical team.
This inspection is repeated prior to the microscope being packed for shipping to its new destination.
Please see the exact video and photos below.
Testing we performed:
The Leica DM5500 B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope passed all tests and was found to be fully functional:
Tested halogen lamp and source fully: PASSED
Tested fluorescence and source fully: PASSED
Tested transmission halogen light path: PASSED
Tested reflective fluorescence light path: PASSED
Tested objectives for clarity: PASSED
Tested port-splitter to split between camera and eyepieces: PASSED
Tested motorized condenser: PASSED
Tested motorized Z-axis: PASSED
Tested motorized fluorescence turret: PASSED
Tested mechanical objective turret: PASSED
Tested connection from camera to laptop: PASSED
Tested motorized stage: PASSED
Tested live feed for clarity: PASSED
Tested all filter slides: PASSED
Tested all motorized components including: XY Stage, Condenser, Filter Cube Turret, Halogen Light Intensity, Fluorescence Shutter, and Halogen Aperture and Field Diaphragm, Fluorescence Aperture and Field Diaphragm, and the Z-axis: PASSED
During testing this Leica DM5500 B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope was found to have no issues.
A clear image was produced through the eyepieces as well as through the camera port.
All of the motorized and mechanical components moved freely and the test sample was able to be focused without excessive effort.
System consists of:
Leica DM5500 B Upright Microscope
CTR6000 Control Box/Power Supply
(2) HC PLAN s 10x/22 M Eyepieces
Prisms / Condensers:
0.50 S 15 Motorized Smart Condenser
Fluorescence Light Path:
Collimating Adapter w/ light guide
8-position Motorized Turret
Filter cubes available - please inquire
12V 100W Halogen Lamp w/ CTR6000 power supply
EL6000 Metal Halide Light Source w/ collimating adapter and light guide
PRIOR Motorized XY
PRIOR ProScan III Controller w/ Joystick
7-position Mechanical Turret
10x/0.32 HC PL FLUOTAR
20x/0.50 HC PL FLUOTAR
*Other objectives available - please inquire*
Photo / Port Splits:
10MP CMOS Camera
Computer and Software:
Computer running Leica LAS X, MicroManager and applicable camera software
XY Stage, Condenser, Filter Cube Turret, Halogen Light Intensity, Fluorescence Shutter, and Halogen Aperture and Field Diaphragm, Fluorescence Aperture and Field Diaphragm, and the Z-axis
Communication and power cables.
Configuration and Setup:
Illumination Type: Brightfield w/ Fluorescence
Objectives: 10x/0.32 HC PL FLUOTAR, 20x/0.50 HC PL FLUOTAR (Other objectives available - please inquire)
Light Sources: 12V 100W Halogen, EL6000 Metal Halide
Stage: Motorized XY w/ Motorized Z-axis
This Leica DM5500 B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope is currently set up for Brightfield transmitted with Fluorescence reflective studies.
The digital camera is capable of taking detailed digital color images.
The system includes a laptop running the software for live feed and still images, MicroManager for virtual control, and Leica LAS X for configuration and virtual control.
*This video shows the actual microscope in this listing.*
The video provides a walk around view of this Leica DM5500 B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope and its included components.
A functionality demonstration has been performed to show proper operation of the Leica DM5500 B Fluorescence Motorized Microscope.
Any available additional options functionality has also been demonstrated.
The camera that will be included with this microscope may differ from the one shown in the demonstration.
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
*SM* Small Crate
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to [email protected] or call (617) 397-3486.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.