- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Leica
- Product Code: 30552
Here is a Leica DMi8 Inverted LED Fluorescence Motorized Microscope
Setup for Brightfield with Fluorescence studies.
- This microscope can be used in biological studies.
- The total current magnification range of this microscope with 10x eyepieces is 100 to 400x
- This microscope is compatible with slides and petri dishes (Options for microplates may be available)
- This microscope includes an XY motorized stage and Z motorized focus plus additional motorized components.
- The fluorescence light source included is a multi color LED with a lamp lifespan of 10,000 hours + - this is a $12,000 upgrade
- The MicroManager software enables control of motorized components and allows for slide scanning (with motorized XY stage), Z stacking (with motorized Z focus), and time lapse imaging(with compatible camera).
- The Leica LAS X software allows for hardware configuration of the microscope setup as well as virtual control of the motorized components.
Please see the exact video and photos below.
This Leica DMi8 Inverted LED Fluorescence Motorized Microscope is in good working order with all of its aspects tested and fully functional
Microscope and optics have been professionally cleaned by our microscopy technical team.
This inspection is repeated prior to the microscope being packed for shipping to its new destination.
Testing we performed:
The Leica DMi8 Inverted LED Fluorescence Motorized Microscope passed all tests and was found to be fully functional:
Tested halogen lamp and source fully: PASSED
Tested Lumencor Light Engine fully: PASSED
Tested transmission halogen light path: PASSED
Tested reflective fluorescence light path: PASSED
Tested objectives for clarity: PASSED
Tested port-splitter to split between camera and eyepieces: PASSED
Tested mechanical condenser: PASSED
Tested motorized Z-axis: PASSED
Tested motorized fluorescence turret: PASSED
Tested motorized objective turret: PASSED
Tested motorized stage: PASSED
Tested connection from camera to laptop: PASSED
Tested live feed for clarity: PASSED
Tested all motorized parts including condenser, fluorescence turret, objective turret, Z-axis, XY stage, light path switching, shutters: PASSED
During testing this Leica DMi8 Inverted LED Fluorescence Motorized Microscope was found to have no issues.
A clear image was produced through the eyepieces as well as through the camera port.
All of the mechanical and motorized components moved freely and the test sample was able to be focused without excessive effort.
System consists of:
Leica DMi8 Inverted Microscope
CTRadvanced Control Box / Power Supply
(2) HC PLAN s 10x/22 M Eyepieces
Condenser / Prisms:
7-position Motorized S28 0.55 Condenser
Tiltable Transmitted Illumination Arm
Fluorescence Light Path:
Light Guide and Collimating Adapter
Fluorescence Filter Cubes:
6-position Motorized Filter Cube Turret
Texas red (custom) EX:548/25, DM:620, EM:600/60
CFP (custom) EX:438/15, DM:458/105, EM:480/30
GFP (custom) EX:473/35, DM:530, EM:538/45
*Other filters available - please inquire*
TL-LED 12V 15W LED Lamp w/ control/power box
Lumencor Spectra 7 Light Engine w/ light guide and collimating adapter
Motorized XY Stage
MCX-2 eco Controller w/ Joystick
6-position Motorized Objective turret
5x/0.15 HCX PL FLUOTAR (O03795)
10x/0.32 HC PL FLUOTAR (O03788)
40x/0.75 HCX PL FLUOTAR (O03749)
*Other objectives available - please inquire*
Photo / Port Splits:
100% Eyepiece or 100% Camera Port
10MP CMOS Camera
Condenser, Fluorescence turret, Objective turret, Z-axis, XY stage, Light path switching, Shutters
Computer and Software:
Computer running camera software and MicroManager software, and Leica LAS X software
Communication and power cables
Configuration and Setup:
Illumination Type: Brightfield, Fluorescence
Objectives: 5x/0.15 HCX PL FLUOTAR, 10x/0.32 HC PL FLUOTAR, 40x/0.75 HCX PL FLUOTAR
Light Sources: 12V LED Lamp, Lumencor Spectra 7
Stage: Motorized XY
This Leica DMi8 Inverted LED Fluorescence Motorized Microscope is currently set up for Brightfield with Fluorescence studies.
The motorized XY stage can be controlled via software or joystick for fine movements and focal points.
The 10MP CMOS Camera capable of detailed images and live feed viewing.
*This video shows the actual microscope in this listing.*
The video provides a walk around view of this Leica DMi8 Inverted LED Fluorescence Motorized Microscope and its included components.
A functionality demonstration has been performed to show proper operation of the Leica DMi8 Inverted LED Fluorescence Motorized Microscope.
Any available additional options functionality has also been demonstrated.
The camera that will be included with this microscope may differ from the one shown in the demonstration.
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
*SM* Small Crate
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Manual for Leica DMi8 Inverted LED Fluorescence Motorized Microscope Unit2 - AV
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to email@example.com or call (617) 397-3486.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.