Most Microscopes ship within 3 to 10 business days
Hundreds of Custom Fluorescence Microscopes Shipped
|Customization available such as objectives, filter cubes, light sources, stages, cameras, and other components|
|Happy to provide references of past customers that bought microscopes from us|
Save at least 60%+ vs. buying new and use those funds on another instrument instead.
- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Olympus
- Product Code: SM100211
Olympus BX61 Upright Upright Fluorescence Microscope w/ Motorized Z Axis
The Predecessor to Olympus BX63 Upright Microscope
- Fully Functional
- Fully Serviced
- Good condition
- Optics Cleaned
- Warranty 180 Days
- Brand New Fluorescence Filter sets
- Savings between $20,000 and $70,000
- Multiple Olympus BX61 Microscopes on hand
- We offer microscope training packages if you are a new user or a Pro (such as Micromanager training)
Olympus BX61 Upright Fluorescence Microscope Overview and Application
(Final microscope capabilities will depend on the configuration you choose)
Research Grade Microscope
Brightfield, Darkfield, Phase Contrast, and Fluorescence Illumination options
DIC/Polarization may be available (subject to availability), we do often have a few sets on hand
Microscope can be configured for magnification between 40x and 1000x (with 10x Eyepieces)
Can be configured with DAPI, FITC, Texas Red, CY3, CY5, UV range, or other wavelengths you need
Blue, Green, Red, and other colors
Light sources, Cameras, and Objectives available to match and offer you the best image
Olympus BX61 Upright can be configured with various motorized components
Objective turret, Filter cube turret, Shutters, Light port switching,
Brightfield light intensity, Fluorescence light intensity, Z axis, XY Stage
High-quality imaging of live cells, tissues, and microorganisms
Excellent imaging of metals, silicon wafers, PCBs, and a variety of other opaque samples
Olympus BX61 Upright Base with a Motorized Z axis
UCB Microscope Power Supply & Controller
Trinocular head with camera port
Fluorescence Light Path:
Olympus Fluorescence Lightpath with a motorized shutter
Fluorescence Illumination: (upgrades to Metal Halide, Xenon, or LED available)
Olympus 100 Watt Full Spectrum HBO Lamp and power supply
Fluorescence filter cube turret:
Motorized 6-position filter cube turret
Fluorescence filters:(various filter sets available)
3 Blank filter cubes
Olympus 100 Watt Halogen Full light source
Motorized 5-position objectives turret
Objectives:(various other objectives available)
Mechanical ACH condenser
1x C-mount adapter
Mechanical XY Stage
Stage Insert/Medium: (upgrades to motorized stages available)
Mechanical XY stage can be used with slides
Petri dish, multiple slides scanning and/or microplates may be used if upgraded to a motorized XY Stage)
Camera: (upgrades to CCD and SCMOS available)
CMOS USB 3.0 10MP Camera
Laptop computer and mouse
Micromanager w/ImageJ Software
Necessary power and communication cables
Software capabilities as Olympus BX61 Upright Microscope configured here:
Camera software capabilities:
Live viewing and image/video capture
Variable linear measurements such as line segment, radius values, and others
Opensource Micromanager software for microscope automation, control, and imaging
Multi-dimensional Image acquisition offer:
Multi-frame (Time lapse/Image aquisition over time)
Multi-slice (Z coordinate/Z Stacking)
Opensource ImajeJ application for image analysis and measurements
Display, annotate, edit, calibrate, measure, analyze, process, print, and save raster (row and column) image data
Arbitrary line, horizontal line, verticle line, multipoint connection, random connection, angles, ellipse
TIFF, GIF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, FITS, ASCI
This is a standard Olympus BX61 Upright configuration we offer; most customer elect to have microscopes configured to their requirements.
- Various optimized Olympus objectives
- Various Fluorescence filter sets
- Various Fluorensce light source options Metal Halide, Xenon, and LED
- Mechanical or Motorized Multiposition Condensers
- Phase Contrast, DIC, or Polarization Add-ons (subject to availability), we do often have a few sets on hand
- Dedicated BD/DF Path (Brightfield/Darkfield BD/DF) and matching objectives
- Various CCD and sCMOS camera options for higher-end images
- Various Motorized XY Stage options
Optional Microscope Automation Capabilities with the Micromanager software
Optional Micromanager capabilities depending on required configuration:
Multi-position (XY coordinate/XY Mosaics) *Requires motorized stage
Slide scanning *Requires motorized stage
COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS BELOW
Steps you take to verify, service, and confirm the functionality of the Olympus BX61 Upright Fluorescence Microscope?
Summary of testing & maintenance we perform (depending on included configuration):
- Olympus BX61 Upright Internal and external optics are inspected and cleaned
- Mechanical components inspected, adjusted, and lubricated if necessary
- The proper operation of electronic components is confirmed
- Any necessary repairs and services completed to make sure the microscope is fully functional
- Motorized components inspected for worn components, serviced and lubricated if necessary
- Objectives are inspected to ensure there is no inside dust and a clear image is produced
- Halogen lamp (if installed) we install a new Halogen bulb
- Fluorescence HBO Lamp (if installed) we install a new HBO bulb
- If the microscope has Xenon or Metal Halide Lamp source, we make sure the bulb has a minimum of 600 hours left on it
- We inspect image quality of fluorescence images by looking at various fluorescing slide samples
- Cameras are tested to ensure there is no condensation and they produce a clear image
- Communication between computer software and Olympus BX61 Upright established, profile setup and camera image quality verified
Can you help me identify the best microscope and configuration for me?
We are here to help
- Contact us with your application; we will help you identify the best microscope configuration.
- We do not believe in one size fits all approach; you should get a microscope that will do what you need.
Can I view the microscope in person at your facility or do a live Zoom demo before it is shipped to me?
We offer both onsite and remote demos via Zoom
- We invite you to come in for an onsite or Zoom demo of the microscope
- On a custom configured microscopes, we generally offer a demo before the microscope is ready to ship out
What about the warranty?
Our Olympus BX61 Upright Fluorescence microscopes come with a 180 Day Warranty.
- The warranty term is 180 Days from the date of the microscope's arrival at the destination.
- This includes parts and labor.
- During the first 60 Days, MicroscopeGuru will also arrange and cover shipping expenses.
- During Days 61 thru 180 Days of the warranty period, the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges.
- The customer should retain all packing materials during the warranty period.
- The warranty does not cover bulbs except LED (LED lamps are covered)
- Damage to the objectives or other optical components due to collision with a sample or dust
- Electrical damage to the motorized/electronic components if the microscope plugged into an incorrect voltage
- Microscope miss use due to poor user training
- Water damage
- Physical damage
Do you offer installation, service, etc?
- We offer several installation and training packages.
- We offer an extended warranty agreement on this model.
- We stock various replacement and upgrade parts, so we may continue to support your microscope.
What should I watch out for when buying an Olympus BX61 Upright Microscope used/pre-owned from another lab?
Basic steps to confirm quality:
- Confirm that internal optics are clean; this is often a complex undertaking, especially complex microscopes with motorized components.
- Confirm there is no present physical damage to the Microscope Base
- Confirm there are no cracked lenses inside the microscope light paths or the base
- Make sure there are no loose/damaged/seized gears inside mechanical and especially motorized components
- Make sure a good amount of life left on Fluoresnce Sources and light guides (if present) are damage free
- If Microscope has a motorized stage, make sure it does not skip steps and moves freely on all axis
- Make sure objectives are installed, have been inspected, and have no damage or dust inside
- Confirm that microscope is configured to your application; any changes later will be expensive
- Confirm that camera is tested and communicates with the computer producing clear images
- Make sure there are no missing components; it won`t be fast or inexpensive to correct
If you have concerns, we highly recommend either inspecting the microscope in person or doing a live Zoom call; this will allow you to evaluate the microscope and confirm that everything works on it.
Do you have these and other microscopes on hand?
- Subject to ongoing demand, we usually stock 100 to 150 of ready to go fluorescence microscopes (preconfigured)
- Generally, we also have 150 to 200 microscopes in the process; those will be configured per the customer’s requirements.
- We specialize in microscopes from Leica, Zeiss, Olympus, Nikon, and Keyence.
I am from the University or College, do you accept Purchase Orders?
- If you are a US or Canadian customer very likely we are already a registered vendor in your University's vendor system(that is how many instruments we sold), this would expedite the process of approval greatly.
- POs are accepted from US and Canadian universities.
How fast will you ship?
- We can ship within a few days to 2 weeks, depending on your required Olympus BX61 Upright Microscope customization.
Will my instrument be insured during shipping?
- All Olympus BX61 Upright Fluorescence Microscopes are shipped fully insured within the US and internationally as long as we are a shipper and handle shipping arrangements.
- If the buyer handles shipping, then shipping insurance responsibility falls to the buyer; we highly advise that the buyer obtain shipping insurance from their carrier.
How do you pack? Have you packed and shipped microscopes in the past? Do you ship Internationally?
- Most microscopes ship in fully enclosed ISPM-15 certified wooden crates, with proper padding underneath and the sides, and have moving components braced.
- Accessories are packed safely in boxes with padding and then safely packed inside the crate.
- We may not use a crate for local deliveries or smaller microscopes to save you money *if delivered by us.
- On the crates, we often use “tilt’ & “shock” indicators to ensure the crate has not been excessively tilted and dropped where equipment may suffer damage.
- Photos are taken during the packing process to make sure nothing is missed
- Within US and Canada, we will ship via selected freight carriers. We do not use low-price/high-damage carriers as we want the equipment to get safely to you.
- Internationally we will only ship via Air Freight or Air Parcel, which provides reliability, no exposure to Ocean weather, and timely delivery.
We have extensive experience shipping microscopes around the world.
Our experience and process
- We have safely packed and shipped hundreds of complex customized microscopes.
- Before packing/shipping, the instrument is re-tested, and a procedure is followed to verify the accuracy of included components.
How much will I save buying it pre-owned, and is it worth it?
A lot…and it is certainly worth it, and here is why. Feel free to ask for feedback from hundreds of customers that bought custom microscopes from us.
- You will save around 60-80% vs. buying a new microscope. Spend leftover funds on another instrument for your lab.
- You will get a 180 days warranty, plus, when available, an option to get an extended warranty agreement.
- Many customers choose to invest funds into higher-end cameras that may not otherwise be considered due to cost at new prices.
- Consider getting a motorized stage, often a $10,000 to $20,000 upgrade, when bought new. Often save over 70% on the stage alone.
- For most applications, the difference in image quality between the current BX63 microscope and this BX61 will not be noticeable; instead, get better objectives or camera and have image quality exceed your expectations.
- You can have Nikon TE2000-S configured to provide excellent viewing/imaging quality for a fraction of the cost
Olympus BX61 Upright Fluorescence Microscope is a predecessor model to the Olympus BX63 Fluorescence microscope; BX63 could be priced up to $90,000. So why not save your funds by buying Olympus BX61 Upright, get the high-quality image quality you expect from Olympus, and use your leftover funds elsewhere?
- Well, this one is easy; buying a pre-owned Olympus BX61 Upright Microscope is great for the planet; you are reducing unnecessary waste, CO2 output, and water use that would be used during the manufacturing process.
- To greatly extend life, we recommend placing the system on the service agreement with Tecan; their team is wonderful, and it will allow them to acquire a new customer.
I have more questions; I want to receive a formal quote.
Absolutely! Please give us a call (1-617-397-3486) or complete this form to get your questions answered or receive a formal Quote.