- Stock: In Stock
- Brand: Zeiss
- Product Code: SM100296-MG1
For Sale Zeiss Axioplan 2 Upright Fluorescence Microscope Pred Zeiss Axioscope 5
The Predecessor to Zeiss Axioscope 5 Upright Fluorescence Microscope
Condition, availability, and customization
- Fully functional, serviced, and in good condition
- Optics professionally cleaned
- *Comes with Brand New Fluorescence Filter Sets*
- Can be custom-configured to the requirements of your application
- Will arrive timely, complete, and ready to be used
Zeiss Axioplan 2 Fluorescence Microscope Overview
(Final microscope capabilities will depend on the modifications you request)
- Routine Grade Microscope
Microscopy types as configured:
- For Brightfield and Fluorescence Microscopy
Suited for the following applications as configured:
- High-quality imaging of live cells, tissues, microorganisms, and other
Imaging of Samples:
- Ability to take still images and live videos of your samples
Imaging software highlights:
- Display, annotate, edit, calibrate, measure, analyze, process, print, and save raster
- Variable linear measurements such as line segment, radius values, and others
Open source Micromanager Multi-dimensional Image acquisition & automation software capabilities
- Multi-frame (Time lapse/Image acquisition over time)
- *Multi-slice (Z coordinate/Z Stacking)
- *Multi-position (XY coordinate/Stitching/Mosaic) – only available when set up with motorized XY Stage
This is our Standard Zeiss Axioplan 2 Fluorescence Microscope Configuration:
- Zeiss Axioplan 2 upright Base
- with a Motorized Z-Axis
- Trinocular head with camera port
- Two Eyepieces
Fluorescence Light Path:
- Zeiss fluorescence lightpath
- Zeiss 100 Watt full spectrum HBO lamp
- Zeiss 100 Watt full spectrum HBO power supply
Fluorescence filter cube turret:
- Motorized 6-position filter cube turret
- Three empty filter cubes
- Three Brand New filter sets of either DAPI, FITC, Texas Red, or CY3
Brightfield Light Path:
- Built into microscope base
- Zeiss 100 Watt halogen light source
- Zeiss 100 Watt halogen power supply built into the microscope base
- Motorized 6-position objectives turret
- 5x/0.25 Fluar objective
- 10x/0.30 Plan-Neofluar objective
- 20x/0.40 Plan-Neofluar objective
- Mechanical condenser
- Mechanical XY Stage
- As configured may be used with slides or Petri dishes
- 100% Eyepiece, 0% Camera
- 20% Eyepiece, 80% Camera
- 0% Eyepiece, 100% Camera
- 1x C-mount adapter
- CMOS USB 3.0 10MP Camera
- Dell laptop computer
- Windows 10
- Micromanager w/ImageJ Software
- Camera software
- Necessary power and communication cables
Modifications and Upgrades Available (thousands of components on hand)
Most customers elect to have microscopes configured to their requirements.
Configurations (In addition to installed Brightfield, and Fluorescence)
- Phase Contrast, DIC, or Polarization Add-on Components may be added (subject to availability)
- Microscope can be configured for magnification between 40x and 1000x (with 10x Eyepieces)
- Higher magnification Zeiss microscope objectives
- Various high-end objectives (APO)
New filter set - DAPI
(EX: 365/28nm, DM: 405nm, EM: 445/50nm)
(Dye compatibility: DAPI/Hoechst/AlexaFluor 350)
New filter set - EGFP/FITC/Cy2
(EX: 475/30nm, DM: 500nm, EM: 530/40nm)
(Dye compatibility: EGFP/FITC/Cy2/AlexaFluor 488)
New filter set - TRITC/Cy3/Dsred
(EX: 545/20nm, DM: 562nm, EM: 605/60nm)
(Dye compatibility: TRITC/Cy3/RFP/Rhodamine/AlexaFluor 546)
New filter set - Texas Red
(EX: 560/20nm, DM: 585nm, EM: 630/40nm)
(Dye compatibility: Texas Red/mCherry/AlexaFluor 594)
New filter set - Cy5 (May require an upgraded light source)
(EX: 630/50nm, DM: 662nm, EM: 695/50nm)
(Dye compatibility: Cy5/AlexaFluor 647/Draq5)
- Extra Filter cubes
- Xenon, Metal Halide, or LED Fluorescence microscope light sources
- Various advanced CCD and sCMOS camera options for higher-quality images
- In addition to installed motorized capabilities, it can be configured with:
- Motorized high-speed shutter, motorized condenser
- May be set up with other motorized XY stage kits for multi-slide scanning or full microplate scan
Happy to help build and configure the right microscope for you!
Most Requested Customer Upgrades
- High-End CCD, sCMOS, or EMCCD Camera
- LED or Metal Halide Fluorescence Light Source
- Phase Contrast, Polarization, or the DIC configurations
- Higher Magnification Objectives
- Higher performance Fluor or APO objectives
- Motorized XY Stage Kit (stage, controller, joystick)
How to decide between a refurbished and brand-new comparable microscope
Will I save much by buying it pre-owned?
- Add many upgrades noted above
- Add a 1-Year Extended Warranty
- Add Setup and Training
- Get imaging capabilities comparable to the Zeiss Axioscope 5 Microscope
- Get imaging quality comparable to the Zeiss Axioscope 5 Microscope
- Get all upgrades from one place
- Still, save up to $40,000 vs. buying new
- We are passionate about microscopy!
- We offer detailed photos and video of the microscope in action
- Are an approved vendor to most large US and Canadian Universities & Colleges
- Are an approved vendor to many US and International Biopharma companies
- We carry hundreds of advanced research microscopes in stock
- Thousands of upgrade, modification, and repair parts in stock
- Remote installation and microscope operation training packages
- International shipping is no problem
- In Stock, Multiple Zeiss Axioplan 2 Microscopes on hand if you require more than one
- The microscope comes with parts and a labor 90 Days Warranty
- An extended 1-year warranty option may be available with optional yearly renewal for North American customers
- Remote installation and training options
- Smooth process from the initial quote to custom order fulfillment
- Customer references at many universities
COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS BELOW
Steps you take to verify, service, and confirm the functionality of the Zeiss Axioplan 2 Fluorescence Microscope?
Summary of testing & maintenance we perform (depending on included configuration):
- Zeiss Axioplan 2 upright Internal and external optics are inspected and cleaned
- Mechanical components inspected, adjusted, and lubricated if necessary
- The proper operation of electronic components is confirmed
- Any necessary repairs and services completed to make sure the microscope is fully functional
- Motorized components inspected for worn components, serviced and lubricated if necessary
- Objectives are inspected to ensure there is no inside dust and a clear image is produced
- Halogen lamp (if installed) we install a new Halogen bulb
- Fluorescence HBO Lamp (if installed) we install a new HBO bulb
- If the microscope has a Metal Halide Lamp source, we make sure the bulb has a minimum of 600 hours left on it
- We inspect the quality of fluorescence images by looking at various fluorescing slide samples
- Cameras are tested to ensure there is no condensation and they produce a clear image
- Camera image quality verified
Can you help me identify the best microscope and configuration for me?
We are here to help
- Contact us with your application; we will help you identify the best microscope configuration.
- We do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach; you should get a microscope that will do what you need.
Can I view the microscope in person at your facility or do a live Zoom demo before it is shipped to me?
We offer both onsite and remote demos via Zoom
- We invite you to come in for an onsite or Zoom demo of the microscope
- On a custom configured microscopes, we generally offer a demo before the microscope is ready to ship out
What about the warranty?
Our Zeiss Axioplan 2 upright Fluorescence microscopes come with a 90 Day Warranty.
- The warranty term is 90 Days from the date of the microscope's arrival at the destination.
- This includes parts and labor.
- The customer should retain all packing materials during the warranty period.
- The warranty does not cover bulbs except LED (LED lamps are covered)
- Damage to the objectives or other optical components due to collision with a sample (improper use)
- Electrical damage to the motorized/electronic components if the microscope plugged into an incorrect voltage
Do you offer installation, service, etc?
- We offer several remote installation and training packages.
- We offer an extended warranty agreement on this model.
- We stock various replacement and upgrade parts, so we may continue to support your microscope.
What should I watch out for when buying a Zeiss Axioplan 2 Fluorescence Microscope used/pre-owned from another lab?
Basic steps to confirm quality:
- Confirm that internal optics are clean; this is often a complex undertaking, especially complex microscopes with motorized components.
- Confirm there is no present physical damage to the microscope base
- Confirm there are no cracked lenses inside the microscope light paths or the base
- Make sure there are no loose/damaged/seized gears inside mechanical and especially motorized components
- Make sure a good amount of life left on fluorescence sources and light guides (if present) are damage-free
- If the Microscope has a motorized stage, make sure it does not skip steps and moves freely on all axis
- Make sure objectives are installed, have been inspected, and have no damage or dust inside
- Confirm that the microscope is configured to your application; any changes later will be expensive
- Confirm that the camera is tested and communicates with the computer producing clear images
- Make sure there are no missing components; it won`t be fast or inexpensive to correct
If you have concerns, we highly recommend either inspecting the microscope in person or doing a live Zoom call; this will allow you to evaluate the microscope and confirm that everything works on it.
Do you have these and other microscopes on hand?
- Subject to ongoing demand, we usually stock 100 to 150 of ready to go fluorescence microscopes (preconfigured)
- Generally, we also have 150 to 200 microscopes in the process; those will be configured per the customer’s requirements.
- We specialize in microscopes from Leica, Zeiss, Nikon, and Olympus.
This procurement is for a University or College, are purchase orders with NET terms accepted?
- If you are a US or Canadian customer very likely we are already a registered and approved vendor in your University's vendor system(that is how many instruments we sold), this will simplify and expedite the process of PO approval.
- POs are accepted from US and Canadian universities.
How fast will you ship?
- We can ship within a few days to 2 weeks, depending on your required Zeiss Axioplan 2 microscope customization.
Will my instrument be insured during shipping?
- All Zeiss Axioplan 2 Fluorescence Microscopes are shipped fully insured within the US and internationally as long as we are a shipper and handle shipping arrangements.
- If the buyer handles shipping, then shipping insurance responsibility falls to the buyer; we highly advise that the buyer obtain shipping insurance from their carrier.
How do you pack? Have you packed and shipped microscopes in the past? Do you ship Internationally?
- Most microscopes ship in fully enclosed ISPM-15 certified wooden crates, with proper padding underneath and the sides, and have moving components braced.
- Accessories are packed safely in boxes with padding and then safely packed inside the crate.
- We may not use a crate for local deliveries or smaller microscopes to save you money *if delivered by us.
- On the crates, we often use “tilt’ & “shock” indicators to ensure the crate has not been excessively tilted and dropped where equipment may suffer damage.
- Photos are taken during the packing process to make sure nothing is missed
- Within the US and Canada, we will ship via selected freight carriers. We do not use low-price/high-damage carriers as we want the equipment to get safely to you.
- Internationally we will only ship via Air Freight or Air Parcel, which provides reliability, no exposure to Ocean weather, and timely delivery.
We have extensive experience shipping microscopes around the world.
Our experience and process
- We have safely packed and shipped hundreds of complex customized microscopes.
- Before packing/shipping, the instrument is re-tested, and a procedure is followed to verify the accuracy of included components.
How much will I save by buying it pre-owned, and is it worth it?
A lot…and it is certainly worth it, and here is why. Feel free to ask for feedback from hundreds of customers who bought custom microscopes from us.
- You will save around 60-80% vs. buying a new microscope. Spend leftover funds on another instrument for your lab.
- You will get a 90-day warranty, plus, when available, an option to get an extended warranty agreement.
- Many customers choose to invest funds into higher-end cameras that may not otherwise be considered due to cost at new prices.
- Consider getting a motorized stage, often a $10,000 to $20,000 upgrade, when bought new. Often save over 70% on the stage alone.
- For many applications, the difference in image quality between the current Zeiss Axioscope 5 microscope and this Axioskop 2 may not make a major difference; instead, get better objectives or camera and have image quality exceed your expectations.
- You can have a Zeiss Axioplan 2 upright microscope configured to provide excellent viewing/imaging quality for a fraction of the cost
Zeiss Axioplan 2 Upright Fluorescence Microscope is a predecessor model to the Zeiss Axioscope 5 Fluorescence microscope; 2 could be priced up to $55,000. So why not save your funds by buying Zeiss Axioplan 2, get the high-quality image quality you expect from Zeiss, and use your leftover funds elsewhere?
- Well, this one is easy; buying a pre-owned Zeiss Axioplan 2 Microscope is great for the planet; you are reducing unnecessary waste, CO2 output, and water use that would be used during the manufacturing process.
I have more questions; I want to receive a formal quote.